Help Spread The Word Of God

Wednesday, March 8, 2023

What Jesus Teaches Us About Charity

What Jesus Teaches Us About Charity

Jesus emphasized the importance of charity and giving throughout his teachings, both through his words and his actions. Here are some key verses in the Bible that highlight Jesus' teachings on charity and giving:

    "Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you." - Matthew 5:42

    "Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys." - Luke 12:33

    "But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you." - Matthew 6:3-4

    "For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me." - Matthew 25:35-36

    "Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you." - Luke 6:38

    "Truly, I say to you, this poor widow has put in more than all those who are contributing to the offering box. For they all contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty has put in everything she had, all she had to live on." - Mark 12:43-44

These verses highlight Jesus' teachings on the importance of giving to those in need, being generous with one's possessions, and doing so with a humble and selfless heart. Additionally, Jesus encourages giving without expectation of recognition or reward, emphasizing the importance of doing good for its own sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment