Help Spread The Word Of God

Sunday, July 28, 2019

Daily Catholic Bible Verse

Catholic Bible Recollection Of The Day


Catholic Bible Recollection Of The Day James 3:9


James 3:9
Most of us wake up in the morning giving thanks to God for the gift of another day. Some of us may pray for a good and meaningful day. The vast majority of us wake up with positive feelings.
Now, try and visualize the time just before we fall asleep. Again the vast majority of us will wonder what went wrong with our day. We recollect our mistakes, failings and often feel sadness at the thought of a day that might have been spent better. With more patience, love, kindness, understanding...you get the drift.

I'm going to try and give a situation that I face most days and show that how we can overcome. As Saint James so aptly put it in chapter 3 of his letter, the tongue is evil and uncontrollable, full of deadly poison.

I wake up this morning, my first words are
Praise You Father, Praise You Jesus, Praise You Holy Spirit.
I walk downstairs to see my wife making us coffee. She wishes me a Good Morning with a smile. In the meantime, I find a floor-mat out of place and instead of wishing my wife a Good Morning in return, grumble about the out-of-place floor-mat. The smile on my wife's face fades and she becomes quiet. She has a great deal more patience than I have and so does not react.

As the day progresses, I keep finding faults and a little later, the whole house is in a state of negativity and full-blown blame-game is on. At this stage even if I realize my fault and want to make amends, I can't set things right because our household has 3 generations living together and everyone's feelings are hurt.

This is the case in most homes and communities where the first person to utter a sentence at the beginning of the day sets the trend for that day. A smile, a touch, an acknowledgement, a word of praise, a thank you, a kiss sets the trend for the day in our homes.

If you have time try and read the whole chapter 3 of Saint James's letter. It's a small chapter which you can finish in no time.

To download and use the above images as a prayer on your smartphone or tablet (or to use as screensavers/ wallpapers), please long-press image and select "Download Image".

To download and use the above images as a prayer on your computer (or to use as screensavers/ wallpapers), please Right-Click image and select "Save As".

To read today's bible verses, entire chapters or just browse through the free online Bible, Click Here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment