Help Spread The Word Of God

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Saintly Verse of the Day

Catholic Saint Verse of the Day

So that our self-love may not lead us astray in dealing with matters that concern ourselves, we should think of them as if they concerned others, that thus our judgment may be guided by truth and not by affection.
Saint Ignatius of Loyola

Catholic Saint Verse of the Day


Readings:

There are moments in life of special importance such as when the Lord shows us the way to be followed and then leaves it up to our will to respond. - Blessed Margarita

I want to make good use of the time God gives me and be ready when He finally calls me to cast myself into His arms forever; in an act of supreme abandonment. What a joy! So be it. - Blessed Margarita

I had to endure many difficult moments, which I would not wish even on my worst enemies. Nevertheless, I consider my prison days as a higher education in humility. In prison I learned a great many things, as how to be of service to others in their need. Prison in itself is not such a terrible place after all. What is frightening is the company one is forced to keep, being locked up in the same cell with all kinds of criminals, spies, insane, and some other strange characters. - Blessed Basil 

No comments:

Post a Comment